Here are 12 random questions I found online I figured I could answer so you learn a bit more about me. Forgive the bad grammar and silly answers. They come form the heart. The silly answers that is not the grammar lol.
1. What is the dumbest way you have been injured?
2. What is the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
3. What famous person would you like to have dinner with (Dead or Alive)?
4. What is something you hate but wish you loved?
5. What’s on your bucket list (Top 3)?
6. If you had a warning label what would yours say?
7. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
8. If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
9. List two pet peeves
10. What would you most like to learn and why?
11. What are your top fears (Top 3)?
12. If a genie granted you three wishes right now what would you wish for?
1. The dumbest way I have been injured was after broken my collar bone playing football, the day after the doctor said I was healed and normal, I fell out of bed and broke it again. Talk about embarrassing.
2. People always misunderstand my sarcasm, dry wit and frankness. All too often I tell people that if they are offended by something or seriously being mean to please look at the humor and not the negative. I only want the positive for people and kind of believe in karma. People read way too deep into some of the stuff I say when in all honesty I am just being a smart ass trying to find a smile.
3. Wow there is a list a mile long of famous people I would want to have a meal with. At this point it I shard to choose so I will just throw a dart and say, this will be a shocker, Ellen DeGeneres. She is such a warm and loving person and very funny too. She is the first that pops into mind because I was recently talking with my roommates how amazing a person she is and how cool it would be to hang out with her.
4. Something I hate but I wish I loved? That’s a hard one. So go with the first thing that pops in my head. NASCAR? I mean come on. They drive in circles and it’s just so darn pointless. But at the same time the fans have a blast. It is seemingly affordable and there is always food and beer. Yep that is something I do hate. If it come son the TV I am just like dear god turn that crap off. I will go read an instruction manual on how to assemble a toaster before I watch that. The irony is this comes from a guy who doesn’t mind watching golf on TV.
5. My top three bucket list things are? Well first to hit all 50 states. As you can see I am working on that. Publish a poetry book. That has been 20 years and then some in the making. You have to actually have skill to that. But if I write a million poems some of them have to be decent right? Retire early having owned 5 houses as rental properties. This is possible and I am working on it as we speak. I guess ultimately all these goals amount to self-discovery, travel and self-worth. You (Sarah) gave me a bucket list I never thought possible. I gave up on the idea of me having a family when I got older. I figured I missed that boat so it was not even a reality on my list. Now it is and it is happening so it never had the time to go on my bucket list. Ask me a top ten and I could write about forever.
6. My warning label would said “Be Patient with Him”. My mouth is quicker than my mind and sometimes my action are as well. Like all good things that age I come around on the good side. I have my faults and if you give me time I recognize them on my own and eventually fix them. Sometimes it just takes me a bit longer to realize what I have done or that I need to fix.
7. Oh I have my go to songs for karaoke night. Now let me just emphasize that I do not do Karaoke. On the off chance I get a little sauced and there is a mike around and I get poked and prodded to sing I only do three songs. It happens maybe once every 6 or seven years. One is very fowl and crass and the other two are rap songs because anyone who knows me knows I cannot sing to save my life. The first song I sing always is the Beastie Boys “Paul Revere”. The second song I sing is “Thug Luv” by Bone Thugs and Harmony featuring 2pac. Mind you I typically only do the 2 pac part lol. The last one and I am going to hell for even saying this to you. Tenacious D’s (F@$& you Softly). I actually have that on video somewhere with me and Marissa singing it.
8. If I could change something in the world what would it be? That is a hard one because it all needs to be changed at his point. I could go all Miss America here and say something about world hunger, peace and poverty but I won’t. I have to think on this one. After a few moments of contemplation I have to say the weather. Climate change being human or not is still an issue. I wish I could give the whole world 4 distinct season with just the right amount of rain and shine. Then everyone one would have equal access to supplies and nature’s bounty. I think that would solve the need for food and create peace. It would actually wipe out some of the differences around the world that make life so contentious. I know it’s not real and just a pipe dream but hey it is well meant.
9. Oh I can only list two pet peeves? Sheesh go ahead and limit a guy why don’t you. Ok then my first is negativity. Why does everything have to be about what was and what went wrong? Why can’t it be about hope and what will be? I am not saying never quit on something because it is ok to quit but rather than dwell on why it didn’t work out look for what it taught you and what you learned you can’t do and grow from it. Everything, no matter how bad it may seem has a positive moment. I just want people to focus on that instead of dropping their heads and giving up or not being supportive. Oh and by no means am I talking about being one of those hippy cults where everything is happy and they call you brother. I just mean Take the bad and find the good and move on. Don’t put other people down. Build them up but be real about it. Ok lets look for a simple non rant second pet peeve here. Uhm… Slow people in the left lane. Move to the right please. It is not your job to set the speed limit yes if you are doing the speed limit and someone is speeding behind you get out of the way. Yes you are following the rules about speed but also the rules say get over for faster cars no matter how fast they are going. Get out of the left lane please.
10. What do I want to learn and why? I would love to learn how to dance to be honest. I envy those who can but trust me I have tried. I have no rhythm and feel stupid trying. I have taken lesson in the past. I flat out suck. If I could dance like everyone in the movies it would be amazing. But you know what? I can’t even snap my fingers in time with the music. I have dated some gals who love to dance. Recently a Hispanic gall with an accent. She said just stand there like a pole in the water and I will be the ocean around you with the waves moving up and down. I thought that was cool and inclusive. She would dance and I would just stand there looking like I knew what I was doing. Alas the tide went out with her and I never got that chance so now I am just a pole that can’t dance lol.
11. My top three fears are quick in easy. One, losing my memory. I cannot imagine anything worse than forgetting who you are and what you have done. That is in essence losing your soul to me. You take everything I have just please don’t take my memories. Two, heights. The older I get the closer I want to stay to the ground. Zip lining, Sky Diving, even getting on airplanes and ascending tall buildings, you can have that all. Mountains don’t count though because you can roll down them. The third and most scary thing for me is death. I am not a spiritual or overly religious person. I have deep scientific base and it’s hard for me to imagine the beyond. I have my moments of want and hope for this to be possible but being unsure lends me to believe death is a dark scary nothingness. I want to never be proven right so I am afraid of death. Yeesh that was somber and disturbing.
12. If a genie granted me three wishes right now what would they be? Well for you and I to be happy and involved in one another’s lives from her on out. But that is something we do not need a genie for right. So that cheesy answer can be set aside. I would wish for money. They say that money is the root of all evil but I don’t think so if done wisely. So I would not wish for never ending money. I think I would ask for about $600,000. I would pay my debt, give some as gifts to friends and family. You and your grandparents would be in that list too of course and then I would start a small wood work kind of business and put whatever is left in savings. I am content in life and do not need a yacht or to lose myself in all the crazy spending world. I think we would lose each other as well. I think I just would like a little additional comfort and to reach my retirement goals sooner. Don’t get me wrong I will be playing the power ball today though lol. My second and third wish I would give to you and my parents respectively. As I have said before I am content in life. This is not bravado or me saying the thing that will tug at ones heart strings on purpose. I really do enjoy my place in the world. I can make my way fine without a bunch of wishes. I rather share and see what joy that can bring. I also feel that both you and my parents deserve to have some sort of wish granted. Great Robb what a sappy end to this adventure.
So there you have the answer to the dirty dozen. Now it’s your turn. No rush. Take your time and do not feel obligated.